Last month, I introduced a new series called Dream Chasers! It is a series featuring small businesses. Today, I am so excited to bring you 11 Twenty Eight Designs. Mary is an amazing jewelry designer who hails from my state of Ohio!! This girls' gems are phenomenal, high-quality and have a super boho edge.
You can see how I styled her tassel bracelet below--but then I am going to let her take center stage and tell you all about her beautiful line.
1. Tell me about your business and why you choose to get into this field of work?
- My jewelry business, 11 Twenty Eight Designs, started after I ordered a few quartz druzy gemstones with the intention to make a few necklaces for myself. Shocked at how well they turned out, I was eager to try and sell my creations on Etsy; two of my first pieces sold in a matter of hours! I have always loved reading and researching about the latest fashion trends and styles. I aspire to someday open up my own boutique store!
- I am also a licensed Real Estate Agent. Because I can make my own schedule, I make time for both my jewelry business and real estate business!
- Having fun and enjoying what I do! I can sit down and make jewelry for hours and it will only feel like a few minutes have gone by.
- Marketing my jewelry line has been tough! My Etsy shop has an Instagram account as well as a Facebook page and thinking of new and fresh ideas to retain my current customers and attract new ones is more challenging than I thought.
- Persistence and a positive attitude! Don’t give up. Plan for the future and most importantly have fun!
- My favorite is The Arya Collection of large Tibetan mosaic horn pendant necklaces which are sure to be the perfect accessory for fall!
Mary has also been so kind as to provide a fun GIVEAWAY! :) Make sure you enter below for a chance to win a $25 Gift Card to purchase one of her fabulous pieces!!